Friday, May 16, 2008

MY FRIEND?

On this day (today Friday the 16th of May 2008), someone I had considered to be a friend for over 10 years and to me is more than a friend because in age he is older than me I call him a brother, but on this day he threw me out of his house.

I moved in to stay with him on the 6th of November, 2005. Then went for my National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme in 2006 - February to January 2007. I got back to Lagos on the 19th of February 2007 and I have stayed with my friend since then. Let me quickly point out that our staying together has not been a smooth ride. Several times before this day i.e. today my friend has told me to live his house and I have at those several times pleaded with him to please allow me some time to put myself together and get a place of my own.

Before you start wandering why I am sharing this story, let me let you know that it is not easy for me to do this, as I have cried over the matter. As I write, my baggages are outside and it is rainy season. I have bags full of - books are my most precious possessions. Also my bags of clothes are outside.

But I feel that my story can encourage someone to be strong in whatever they are going through. If you are used to the scriptures, you'll remember that it says, "...those who know their God shall be strong and they shall do great exploits." - (Daniel 11:32b) Also it says, "All things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose." - (Rom. 8:28) That is not all, II Cor. 4:16-18, "...For our light and momentory affliction worket for us a far more and eternal weight of glory..."

All these beautiful thoughts from the scriptures have helped to keep my heart intact inspite of it all. I am not saying it is easy for me to just get over the situation, but "Nay in all these things we are more than conquerors."

My friend is still my friend, but I ask is he really my friend? Well, I'll keep you posted on how things turn out. And I am sure they will turn out well.

At this point I remember the song "God will make a way where there seems to be know way, He works in ways we can not see..."

I have shared this story with you because I believe I am your friend, though we may not know each other.

Finally, be strong no matter what who does against you, only be strong and of good courage and in the end you will overcome.

God bless you!

Abiodun Mabadeje

No comments: